We offer a unique experience in Romania, sharing for 8 days and 7 nights the life in a small mountain village, with only 100 inhabitants. The accommodation is in the guest rooms of the small village houses. The days are divided into different traditional works that are part of the village`s life and that tourists can hardly see elsewhere. Accompany the buffalos to the mountain for grazing, work hard one day preparing hay reserves for winter, milk the goats, prepare feta cheese, make bread with yeast in a wood oven, weave material or drink plum brandy, discover the cheese pie with Ramsons!
All of these will be guided by a Spaniard who lives in that village for 8 years and it will allow you to access that hidden world. Due to the fact that these are seasonal ancestral activities, the programs are designed depending on each date you will choose so that it will coincide with the peasant activities schedule.
The pick-up will be at the base-house (the place where we are eating) – having a foraging guided walk or an Ethnographic Workshop until lunch – lunch at the base-house or at a shepherd place, depending on the weather or the plan of the day – having an afternoon foraging guided walk or an Ethnographical Workshop until the dinner – back to the accommodation – lunch at the base-house
- August 18-25
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting point: base-house
End point: base-house
Duration: each foraging guided walk of the workshop will be of about 3-4 hours
Depending on the previous weather conditions and of what we can find in the forest, and in order to see various ecosystems, it might be necessary to go with a car to the place for collecting/watching the elements. The transportation will be provided by us.
- Effective holiday / vacation duration: 8 days (including arrival and departure days)
- Transfer from Budapest Airport with conditioning air
- Transfer back to the Budapest Airport with conditioning air
- The entire transportation required for the event, car equipped with conditioning air
- Transport in cars equipped with special seats for children
- Homemade welcome drink and traditional pie
- 7 accommodation nights in a rural private house, living together with the peasants, in the guest rooms of their houses as well as living in a agropension in mountains
- All the meals included, snacks, natural syrups, tea, coffee and water
- 2 full days of guided walk-and-pick sessions in the forest or in the natural surroundings
- Rental of the foraging equipment
- The only foraging guided tours in Romania
- A souvenir for each participant
- Suitable for every skill level
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
About 50 LEI/ day – in case you are interested in having a souvenir, we recommend bringing some cash with you. The currency in Romania is Lei and you will need to have our currency.
- Personal expenses
- Food, drinks, snacks, lunch, dinner
- Personal insurance
- Travel cancellation cover
- International flights
- Others: other expenses
- Individual arrival and departure to Budapest Airport
REQUESTED GROUP SIZE
- A minimum of 4 people
- A maximum of 20 people
If the group size falls below the minimum number and we are forced to cancel the trip, we will notify you 30 days before departure, and will be happy to reschedule you on another departure, or refund you the full cost.
800€/adult 550€/ pers
The child is considered any kid that is above 3 years old during vacation.
The prices are calculated per person and for a group of minimum 4 persons.
30% non-refundable deposit is requested to book an Ethnographic Experience with Trail Trips.
The rest of the sum is requested to be paid 30 days before the tour starts.